2nd Sunday at 12 p.m.
Grand Knight Eugene Roberts
The Knights of Peter Claver is the largest predominately African American lay Catholic organization in the United States. The Order is named after St. Peter Claver, a Jesuit priest from Spain who ministered to African Cartegena, Colombia, South America, in the 1600s. Peter Claver is said to have converted over 300,000 slaves to Catholicism.
It is hoped that by knowing his love for his fellow man, we will have recourse to him for strength and endurance in the knowledge that God loves all his creatures and truly cares for each of them.
The mission of the Knights of Peter Claver is:
- To support a local pastor, parish and bishop.
- To become active, as a group, in a Knights respective community.
- To instill civic pride and action.
- To engage Knights in opportunities that will allow them to demonstrate their Catholicism.
- To allow for social interaction by creating gatherings that might foster a sense of community.
- To award scholarships.
- To develop the character of youth.
- To provide social and intellectual stimulation for its members.
May every Knight aspire to true manhood in all its glory!