At Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, we warmly welcome parishioners to the House of the Lord. We help create an inviting, orderly, and meaningful mass experience, primarily through facilitating the movements of parishioners.
As an usher, you will be welcomed into a tight-knit team of fun and joyful individuals! We typically:
– greet parishioners at the House of the Lord
– assist with seating
– facilitate the offering
– guide the procession to the Eucharist
– welcome first time parishioners
– distribute worship materials
– prepare the House of the Lord for the next mass
– relay the needs of the parishioners to the pastoral team and/or facilities
- Volunteer at Mass (once per month requested).
- Bi-annual Training (attendance at both requested)
- Social (optional): Beignet & Coffee Chats (quarterly)
Bi-annual Seminar Series (next topics: “Linked In” & “Protecting our Children in Cyberspace”). These events are for us to get to know one another better and not mandatory, but encouraged.